d6

KnitSmithery

It all started with the Knitting Olympics. The Games may be over but the yarnsanity endures....

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Adding Converts

I did it.

It was my first time.

I feel like a real grown-up knitter now.

I taught my friend to knit.

It totally did not push it. She came over (from the other side of the country, no less) and more or less instantly demanded that I teach her to knit. So I did.

I broke out the bamboo needles and the Koigu (because it feels so nice in the hand) and got her started on garter stitch.

She was pretty good. A couple of weird yarn looping problems, of course, but she was cruising along, unsupervised, chatting and drinking herbal tea all the while.

I think we have a new member of the coven, sisters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home