d6

KnitSmithery

It all started with the Knitting Olympics. The Games may be over but the yarnsanity endures....

Thursday, April 26, 2007

LYS Upgrade (I hope)

I'm excited.

I just drove past my Local Yarn Store to see a new sign outside. I popped in and yes, it has changed hands and there is going to be a grand opening next week and all that good stuff.

It has been a constant irritation to me (well, not constant, but...) that I have a yarn store within walking distance of my home, but that it wasn't, well, all that I would have wanted. It was definitely the kind of store that was patronised by your granny and run by, well, your granny.

Not that the lady who ran it wasn't lovely, but nobody could ever have accused her of being remotely hip. And I got the impression that she was just aching to retire. All of this was reflected in the store, which was, as I say, a bit grannyish.

Now that I think about it, of course, the new sign that has gone up is not what I'd call 'hip', either. The store is now called The Knitting Basket (instead of The Knitting Studio) and it has a country-fabrics type picture of a basket full of yarn. But it does say "where knitters gather" underneath, which is promising.

I spoke to one of the ladies and she said it was going to have 'lots of new yarns', which will be great. I think.

So I'm excited, but mutedly so.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

woohoo!!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home