d6

KnitSmithery

It all started with the Knitting Olympics. The Games may be over but the yarnsanity endures....

Friday, March 09, 2007

Swappy!

I've been feeling a bit isolated out here in knitland, in winter. I read a lot of blogs but I felt like I wanted something to connect me to a community, so I started searching for swaps.

I found this great site, which has a list of links to various knit-a-longs and swaps. The knit-a-longs seem more prevalant and I might get into that, but the thing is, I REALLY enjoyed both sending and receiving my socks during Sock Wars.

So down I scrolled.

I didn't find a knitting swap as such that appealed to me (without scaring the wits out of me in terms of scale or timing) but I did find a stitch marker swap. So I signed up, and made one set while #1 Son did something crafty at the table and #2 slept. Hey, if I can do one set in the time it takes a newly-4 year old to get bored, I can probably complete the second set by the end of the month without freaking out too much.

On with the swap.

I guess I should take a picture of the markers sometime soon. I'll wait to see if it's all totally anonymous (or "anomolous", as my mother likes to say) before I post anything. Can't remember the details now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Montreal Mama said...

It's no anonymous! :) Post all you want!

6:26 PM  
Blogger jdknits said...

Aha! Hi Mama!

OK, now all I have to do is find the camera. And the USB cable. And a clear surface. And....OK maybe tomorrow!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home